Join us for the (ISC)2 Toronto Chapter’s July meeting in collaboration with IAPP Toronto KnowledgeNet
When and where
Date and time
Wed, Jul 12, 2023 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM EDT
About this event
Join us for a keynote on The Consumer Perspectives on Data Privacy and Implications for Business Growth.
- 6:00-6:05 PM: Land Aknowledgment, Welcome .by Camille Kloppenburg, Vice President, (ISC)² Toronto Chapter
- 6:05-6:10 PM: Introduction to IAPP TorontoKnowledgeNet and Introduction of Jonathan Joseph – IAPP TorontoKnowledgeNet
- 6:10-7:00 PM: Consumer Perspectives on Data Privacy and Implications for Business Growth – Jonathan Joseph
- 6:35-6:45 PM – Q/A
- 7:00-7:30 PM: Q/A
- 7:30-8:00 PM: Virtual Networking
keynote – The Consumer Perspectives on Data Privacy and Implications for Business Growth
“Identifiable individuals” – aka “people” – have emerged as a motivating force in data privacy. People’s heightened awareness of their data privacy and expectations of responsible data practices will shape privacy programs more than regulations. What can we learn by listening to the people behind the data? In this session, we’ll unveil the latest research on consumer perspectives on data privacy and businesses’ data practices, and measure the impact on the bottom line. We’ll recommend a framework for building a privacy program that builds trust with consumers and drives business growth, in addition to managing compliance and reputational risk, and explore what this means for privacy teams preparing for generative AI initiatives.
- Learn the value consumers place on their data privacy, relative to other shared values like sustainability and diversity
- Understand the impact of responsible data practices on top-line growth and brand preference.
- Learn where businesses are falling short in meeting consumer expectations today, and how to course correct.
As a lead, solutions and marketing, Jonathan is passionate about innovation. His career is focused on disruptive technology and organizational change. Outside of work, Jonathan serves on the board at Reel Works; building opportunities for diversity and inclusion in media, through a platform that empowers underserved NYC youth to share their stories through filmmaking, creating a springboard to successful careers.
Please reserve your spot at: https://lnkd.in/g4Y5Wft6
Take advantage of this opportunity to learn, connect, and earn CPEs.