Please join me to welcome our election committee members who will facilitate our 2020 election process: Ferris Adi, Adam Saeed, Anuk Bhandal, myself Raphael Adeyemo, and Victoria Granova, the incumbent President. Victoria’s role in this process is for guidance and oversight only.
We are having an election for the role of President for the period of January 1-December 31, 2021.
The role of President requires the candidate to:
1. Lead the (ISC)² Toronto Chapter by setting a strategic direction for the Chapter
2. Build a competent and passionate Board team
3. Create sustainable partnerships, and
4. Empower the Board to fulfill Chapter goals
The President will keep the membership informed about Chapter plans and activities and preside at all meetings. To apply to be considered as a candidate for this election, please provide the following information in an email by December 1 at 12PM to [email protected]
1) Full Name
2) (ISC)² Number
3) A description of the benefits you would bring to the Chapter as a Presidential candidate (max. 300-500 words). This may include highlights of your contributions to the Chapter or the information security community, past Board experience, and/or your future strategic plans for the Chapter. You may also indicate whether you would like to be considered for a non-Presidential board position, should your candidacy be unsuccessful in this election process.
4) Your resume (optional)
5) Your headshot (optional) and short biography
6) Any social media or campaign-related links (optional)
Candidates must be (ISC)² members in good standing. If successful, your application will be shortlisted for the election process, which will occur electronically and be open to all (ISC)² Toronto Chapter members. If you are successful, your application may be shared with the members by the election committee as part of your profile. The election committee has determined the following criteria for shortlisting candidates;
1) Chapter involvement
2) Board experience
3) Preference will be given for security board experience and demonstrated relationship building
Voting: To be eligible to vote, you must be a registered member in good standing with (ISC)² and our (ISC)² Toronto Chapter. If you are not yet registered with our (ISC)² Toronto Chapter, you may do so via the following link: https://forms.gle/9gX77DZRD32MqHqq8
Please direct any questions to [email protected]
Raph Adeyemo (Audit & Compliance Director, (ISC)² Toronto Chapter)