As discussed at our February chapter meeting, we are looking for 2 individuals to volunteer on our election committee to steer the upcoming Board election for the role of President.
To qualify for the election committee, you need to be an (ISC)² member in good standing who has been active with the Chapter this year (e.g. attended at least one event this year). Preference will be given to fully credentialed (ISC)² members.
If you are not a credential holder or an Associate of (ISC)², you are not eligible for the committee. However, you would be able to help us administer the voting survey link, validate (ISC)² membership of the voters, and other tasks that demand objectivity and independence from voting members, so your application would be welcome as well.
Please submit your application to [email protected] with the following information by March 1, 2020 at 12PM:
- Subject line: Election Committee Application – [Your Name]
- Your full name
- Your (ISC)² number
- Why you are interested in helping with the election process (max. 50-100 words)
- Skills and past experience that would help you with this duty (max. 200 words, or attach a resume)
- Your contributions to the Chapter this year, as applicable (max. 200 words)
More information about the Election Committee:
- The Election Committee will meet on a weekly basis from March 2 to April 15 to help the election process
- Approximate commitment: 30 min per week
- Duties include:
- Review and finalize the mechanics of the election process
- Review candidate profiles and vote on candidates who are eligible to run for the position of President
- Oversee the election to ensure a fair and transparent process
- May not run in the election, nor vote in the election
- Some support from April 15 to April 30 to assist with the transition of the board team
The (ISC)² Toronto Chapter Team